As long as Covid 19 remains an active public health threat my Counselling service will be taking some simple precautions to provide protection for clients and myself for face to face work.
Commitments to my clients
• If I feel unwell or I display any symptoms, I will inform you immediately and either rearrange your appointment or offer an online session instead.
• I will follow all regulatory requirements relating to social distancing. Maintaining a minimum of two meters at all times.
• I will wash my hands upon arrival at work and between each session.
• Contact surfaces in the therapy room will be sanitised at the beginning of the working day and between clients.
• I will open the door to my therapy room for you at the beginning and end of the session. I will also offer you hand sanitiser at the door.
• Where possible and if confidentiality allows, I will keep a window open during the session. I will also ‘air out’ the therapy room between sessions.
• I will no longer supply tissues; clients are encouraged to bring their own.
• I will provide a bin for tissues and make sure it is emptied between clients. I will take appropriate measures to prevent you or me coming in contact with the contents. Or I may ask clients to take their tissues home and dispose of them themselves.
• I will no longer provide pens, so if you wish to write something down please ensure you bring your own.
• I will wipe down chairs, door handles, office equipment and office furniture every day with antibacterial cleaner.
• We no longer accept cash payments - all payments must be paid in advance of the session by direct bank payment - bank details will be supplied once booking is confirmed.
Requirements from my clients
• If you are feeling unwell or are displaying any symptoms, please do inform me straight away. I will either rearrange your appointment or move your session to an online appointment.
• For your safety please use your own toilet facilities at home before leaving for the session.
• Compliance with all regulatory requirements relating to social distancing. Maintaining a minimum of two meters distance from our therapists at all times.
• Allowing me to open the therapy room door for you upon arrival and leaving.
• Make use of the hand sanitiser provided by me before sitting down.
• I ask you not to touch any surfaces in the therapy room (apart from your chair).
• If you choose to bring your own drink, please ensure the bottle/cup is taken away with you.
• Ensure that any tissues used are disposed of as above and not left in the therapy room.
This is a period of rapid change for us all and the sources cited in this are updated
frequently to reflect the latest information – please check the links provided to